Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Pattie in words

"I was a very shy person and, I suppose, easily manipulated. Of course, it's flattering to feel someone desperately wants you, but looking back, it's quite uncomfortable to realise that you were the object of desire. That's quite a passive thing to be."




"My self-esteem was unbelievably low, and I found it really hard to build up relationships because I had been used to difficult people. Anybody who was sweet and nice to me was no challenge."

"Eric showed me this packet of heroin and said: 'Either you come away with me or I will take this'. I was appalled. I grabbed at it and tried to throw it away, but he snatched it back...At first, I felt guilt. Then I felt anger because it was totally irrational of him to blame me for something he was probably going to do anyway; it was very selfish and destructive."




"Perhaps Eric just wanted what George had. I don't know - I just think it's amazing we've come through it and we're all still alive."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home